Saturday, November 18, 2006

Gaia's Navel Here I Come!

Today was a rather trying day as I made my way to Gaia's Navel as directed by Jema and Luka. To begin with I was ambushed by a couple of goblins who felt certain that I would make a superb main course for their feast...assholes. They caught me off guard, so it wasn't difficult for them to overpower me. Adding insult to injury they knocked me out cold. I didn't even have a fighting chance.

When I awoke I found myself inside a rather large pot that was heating up quickly. The goblins who were charged with guarding me thought that there was no way that I could possibly get free, and I admit I was certain that they were right. When they went to join the festivities I sat and wondered how the hell I had gotten myself into this mess. I hadn't even started my adventure yet, and now I was going to die before I even had a chance to begin this stupid quest. Needless to say I was a little pissed off at my plight.

Somehow, and for some out of character reason, Fate must have found a place of pity for me in her cruel heart because as the goblins danced and celebrated over Goddess knows what festival, a stranger happened upon me. She snuck up behind me and quickly pulled me out of the boiling pot. She freed me of the binds that held me in place, and together we sprinted out of the goblins' village. When we were far enough away from the village my beautiful stranger explained that she thought I was her fiance when she first saw me in the cauldron back at the goblins' village. She didn't say much after that and was apparently desperate to find her fiance for she quickly ran off to continue her search without even so much as sharing her name...or digits...man she was so hot.

Anyhow...

I didn't have time to linger over my beautiful savior. I got back on track making my way towards Gaia's Navel, and let me tell you, that bitch needed a serious piercing. Every where I turned there was some monster wanting to pick a fight. And they didn't want to go down quietly. No. These stubborn monsters attacked in packs. Rabites, Mushbooms, Lullabuds, and now Buzz Bees. Let me tell you, those Buzz Bees pack quite the sting. None the less I didn't back down. I just didn't have to mental capacity to back down in that moment.

Call me paranoid, but I think those monsters were just trying to ruin my day. It was like running a gauntlet of death where everything wanted to either eat you or just kill you for entering its territory. I really didn't have time for games...but I played anyway.

Okay, okay, I admit it. I went a little crazy. I hunted down every last one of these buggers. Even when they had enough and retreated I would corner them and finish them off. Purely self defense I assure you. Besides to add insult to injury these monsters would drop treasure chests after their deaths, and nine times out of ten when I went to open the discarded treasure chest it was usually filled with a trap; spring triggered boxing gloves, poison needles, and even a time bomb or two. Who the hell gave these monsters access to artillery like this? I guess you can't feel too bad for the monsters. They started the fight, I just happened to finish it.

Monster slaying can take a lot out of you, and after a while I was in desperate need of a good rest, and a resupply. Luckily for me, I happened upon Kippo Village. Thank Goddess. The people in Kippo were rather friendly. They had a sufficient inn and item shop so I was able to rest and restock before heading back out into the wilderness. My rest however was short lived, for as soon as I left the village I was confronted by my favorite entourage of monsters.

It took me long enough, but I was able to fight my way to Gaia's Navel -which was also swarming with monsters. I was starting to sense a theme here. Something did not want me to see the Dwarves.

Deep in the caverns within Gaia's Navel I was confronted by Blats, Green Drops, and Goblins. (Good...I need to dish out a little payback for the warm reception the goblins gave me back at the Water palace.)

The monsters in the caverns played dirty...I respect that. The Green Drops multiplied, the Blats immobilized me through the use of magic balloons, and the Mushbooms would temporarily knock me unconscious with a blast of highly toxic spores. At least the Goblins were Lazy. I usually found them sleeping at their post allowing me to catch them by surprise.

I have to say, it was such a relief to finally make it to the village of the Dwarves. The day had been long enough and I really needed a break. I needed to recharge and (once again) restock my supplies before I went any further. I made it to the village in one piece (mostly) and hopefully I will be able to find someone (anyone) who can help me restore the Sword of Mana, and maybe improve this pathetic Spear.



But before I do that...I need a good night's rest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!